Welp, I wish I’d known this earlier–I would’ve had this yesterday instead of gizzards and onions. There’s always tomorrow!
Liver and onions, as a traditional English dish,
is enjoying widespread popularity,
Celebrate National Liver and Onions day on May 10th!
Today’s five things to know about Liver and Onions
- Liver and onions is a favorite in the UK and in Germany, where it is usually eaten along with boiled or mashed potatoes.
- Lamb’s liver is the usual choice in the UK and is often accompanied by fried bacon.
- In the French traditional recipe the liver is fried with butter and lard.
- In Catalan cuisine olive oil is used, instead of butter, and fried garlic is added to the mixture.
- In the USA, liver and onions as a dish once enjoyed widespread popularity and could usually be found at family diners and American home-style restaurants. This meal is currently more common to the cuisines of…
View original post 150 more words