Let’s celebrate and/or drown our jobless sorrows!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Whisky:
- Whisky and whiskey are actually the same liquor. In American-English and Irish-English, it is spelled “whiskey”. In British-English, it is spelled “whisky”.
- A whisky stops maturing after it is bottled.
- The dark color of whisky comes from the wooden barrels in which it is aged. The wood expands and contracts with the change in temperature, making the movie in and out of the wood. The compounds from wood give whisky its dark color.
- There are more than 5000 types of Single Malt Whisky.
- The barrels made from American White Oak have been claimed to produce the tastiest whisky.
The word whiskey comes from the Irish uisce beatha or “water of life.” From Ireland, whiskey spread across the North Channel to Scotland.
The number next to the Whiskey’s name refers to the age of the youngest whiskey to…
View original post 120 more words