While Ranch isn’t as bad (AS bad) as Catalina, it’s pretty damn bad. If there was a choice between Ranch, pickle brine, mustard, or being hit by a car, Ranch would be the worst of those choices. Yes, even worse than being hit by a car. At least in the hospital, you don’t get Ranch dressing (it’s usually no-fat Italian…)
Here are today’s five thing to know about Ranch Dressing:
- In 1954 ranch dressing was invented at Hidden Valley Ranch, a dude ranch near Santa Barbara, California.
- Ranch dressing has been the best-selling salad dressing in the United States since 1992, overtaking Italian dressing.
- Hidden Valley brand owns the right to ‘the Original Ranch®‘ After decades of trademark lawsuits similar products can be labeled ‘ranch style’ or simply ‘ranch’
- While popular in the United States and Canada, ranch dressing is virtually unknown in most of the world
- Since 1972 Hidden Valley Ranch has been owned by Clorox.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1845 RIP John Chapman, ‘Johnny Appleseed’ ,an American pioneer and legend, he planted apple seeds in the Ohio River valley area (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois)
- 1867 Lillian D. Wald was born. She was a scientist and nurse, and among her activities, she helped initiate the enactment of pure food…
View original post 36 more words