I’ve only recently seen these in the supermarkets (and by recently, I mean the past 15 or so years). I’m assuming these were an East Coast thing then were sold nationwide.
I guess I’ll just have Cheetos (crunchy, thank you) and my customary diet Coke for lunch.
Here are today’s five thing to know about Cheez Doodle:
- Cheetos cheese-flavored puffs became a hit in the 1950’s soon, Cheez Doodles appeared.
- “Cheez Doodles fingers” is the official word used to when you get cheese powder on your fingers after eating ANY cheese flavored snack food.
- Cheez Doodles are said to be one of the only packaged snack foods preferred by Julia Child.
- They have recently entered pop culture as the preferred snack of ESPN NBA analyst Stephen A. Smith, and are the favourite snack of Lincoln Peirce’s comic character Big Nate.
- Wise (the company that produces Cheez Doodles) recently made their Crunchy Cheez Doodles “cheezier,” more akin to Cheetos’ flavor.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
1836 Charles Goodnight was born. He is said to have devised the first ‘chuck wagon’ from an Army wagon in the 1850s with various shelves and compartments for…
View original post 80 more words