Welp! That’s all I need to know! Who’s up for corn chips and diet Coke for lunch?
Here are today’s five thing to know about Corn Chip:
- The “original” corn chip is the Fritos Corn Chip, first sold in the 1930’s
- “Frito Chili Pie” was invented in the 1960’s by Teresa Hernández, a cook at Woolworth’s lunch counter in Santa Fe.
- A corn chip is a snack food made from cornmeal fried in oil or baked, usually in the shape of a small noodle or scoop.
- Charles Elmer Doolin bought the patent for “Fritos” from a Mexican man for $100.
- In some areas, it is popular to pour the chili into a bag of corn chips and eat the mixture directly from the bag.
Famous Last Words: “I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili.”~Kit Carson(American frontiersman)
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1878 The 1st patent for a glass milk container was issued to George Lester.
- 1924 Carl R…
View original post 18 more words